Table of Contents
What are the objectives for Counselling?
- FACILITATING BEHAVIOR CHANGE.
- IMPROVING RELATIONSHIP.
- FACILITATE CLIENT’S POTENTIAL.
- PROMOTING DECISION MAKING.
- ENHANCE POTENTIAL AND ENRICH SELF.
- DEVELOPMENTAL GOALS.
- PREVENTIVE GOALS.
- ENHANCEMENT GOALS.
What are the objectives of the guidance?
Guidance helps the individual to be aware of his strengths and limitations and helps him in identifying proper situations for satisfaction of the felt needs and thus, helps him to lead a smooth and adjusted life.
What is the scope and objectives of Counselling?
Counselling is aimed at helping the individual in solving problems that are already present, preventing the occurrence of problems in future and also enhancing personal, social, emotional, educational and vocational development. Thus, Counselling has remedial, preventive and developmental aspects.
What are the 7 principles of Counselling?
- Respect for client autonomy.
- Empathy and understanding.
- Non-judgmental attitude.
- Cultural sensitivity and competence.
- Trust and rapport.
- Collaborative approach.
- Professional boundaries.
What are the 11 principles of counseling?
- Principle of Acceptance.
- Principle of Communication.
- Principle of Empathy.
- Principle of Respect for the individual.
- Principle of non-Judge.
- Principles of Confidentiality.
- Principle of individuality.
- Principle of non emotional involvement.
What are the 5 stages of counseling?
- Initial Disclosure- Relationship Building,
- In-depth Exploration – Problem Assessment.
- Commitment to action – Goal Setting.
- Step 1: Relationship Building.
- Step 2: Problem Assessment.
- Step 3: Goal Setting.
- Step 4: Counselling Intervention.
- Step 5: Evaluation, Termination.
What are the 5 rules of counseling?
Reviewing these ethical principles, which serve as the foundation of the guidelines, often helps to clarify the issues involved in a given situation. The five bedrock principles of autonomy, justice, beneficence, nonmaleficence, and fidelity are each vital in and of themselves to a healthy counseling relationship.
What are the scopes of counseling?
- Adolescent identity, concerns, teen-parent relationships, peer relationships.
- Anger management.
- Children’s concerns within the family unit, sibling relationships, school experiences, peer relationships.
- Family of origin dynamics and issues.
- Gender identity and sexuality.
What is the scope of counselling in India?
The scope for counselors/ counseling psychologists are in schools, work places, mediating family problems, stress management, mental health units. The scopes for clinical psychologists are in private practice and hospitals.